St, Macartan’s Parish Primary School strives to create a sense of belonging, purpose and connectedness for all members of the community. We build community through:
- Welcoming parents to support children at school as classroom helps and through community events.
- Social events for children and families such as Shrove Tuesday Picnic, parent social nights, family movie nights and our community market.
- Parent representation through the Parents Group Association and Parish Education Board.
- Special events such as Grandparents’ Day, biannual whole school production, assemblies, learning showcases, whole school Mass, Harmony Day, Book Week, Sports Day and more.
- Outside of school hours services provided by TeamKids.
- Fostering partnerships with and beyond the school community with organisation such as Dolphin Research Institute, ResourceSmart School, Kids Teaching Kids and Zoos Victoria.
- Local businesses and community organisations.
- Local community volunteers.
Parent Group Association (PGA)
This group of parents provides opportunities for fundraising and social activities for our school community. The funds raised in the past have contributed to our outdoor kitchen, shade sails over play areas, the redevelopment of our Discovery Centre and a variety of other things. The committee also organises many events such as:
- Special food days for the children each term
- Shrove Tuesday family picnic
- Mother's Day and Father’s Day stalls
- Father’s day breakfast
- Year 6 Disco
- Community market
and many more....